Love is in the Air and History is ALIVE! Join us on February 8th for Second Saturday
Join us every Second Saturday for living history demonstrations and workshops of the traditional arts, crafts and trades. Our demonstrators will be on-site from 11am - 3pm.
On March 14th we will be celebrating Women's History Month! Stay tuned for more details.
Coming up on our next Second Saturday... February 8th, 2020...
Sign up for the Pine Needle Basket Weaving Class with Larry Paxton - 10am - 2pm
The day’s activities include something for all ages!
· Professional Storyteller, Joanna Demarest, will share Victorian stories of love and romance at 2pm. Enjoy tea and a Valentine treat while Joanna takes you back to a time when love conquered all.
· Folk Music and Movement with Eric and Maria—an interactive introduction to folk music instruments from around the world — 11am and 1pm
· Love Songs through the Ages with Dennis Lawson — Noon and 3pm
· Valentine Cookie Decorating
· Valentine Card Craft in the Barn
· Paint a Salt Dough Heart with Victorian Lace Texture at the Pottery Shed
· Antique medical instrument exhibit
· Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Spinning, Weaving and Candle dipping
· Visit the Log Cabin, Farm & Country Store
Our summer kitchen will be open for lunch too!
Visit our 100 year old schoolhouse and stroll through the grounds on a self-guided tour discovering the past. Visit our farm animals (goats peacocks, donkey's and more!
Get your picture taken with the peacock wings! #wingsofthewest
Second Saturdays at the Settlement are sponsored by Boulevard Tire Centers.
Regular admission to the Settlement is $8 for adults, $7 for seniors and $5 for children ages 6-12, children under 6 are free. Members are free.
Annual memberships include free admission to events and are available for $30 for an individual and a family membership is $50.
Gates open 9:00 am until 4:00 pm
Programs vary month to month and are subject to change. Class & workshop fees vary and include admission.